Objective: Teams will develop and build a device that enhances a mobile phone camera. The device will be demonstrated to a team of reviewers.
Subteam Size Per Entry: 2
Maximum Entries Per Team: 3
A. We will provide:
- None provided.
B. Teams can provide:
- Mobile phone
- Any item that is used to create a device that enhances the cell phone camera.
- Teams will develop a device or app which enhances a mobile phone camera.
- The device or app must be capable of fitting onto or adapting an iPhone or Android device.
- Teams may develop an app that can be used on the phone but must be able to be loaded by the event supervisor onto their phone for testing.
- The event supervisor will use TestFlight on iphone or XXX on Android.
- Apps that are tested need to include a detailed set of instructions on how to load the app onto the device.
- Teams will demonstrate the device before a panel of event officials. Teams will have 10 minutes to conduct the demonstration followed by a 5 minute question and answer session.
The following aspects will be used in the determination of the ranking of teams. Higher Scores are given more favorable rank. Highest Score Wins.
A team of three reviewers will evaluate teams based on the following criteria. The scoring rubric for each of the three reviewers will be added together for a total score.
- Ease of use
- Creativity and originality
- Design of device (is it clunky or refined)
- Device works during the demonstration
- Device operates as indicted
- Materials used are readily available